Terms & Conditions
With reference to Information Technology Act 2000, this is an electronic record mentioning rules that apply and such provisions that are changed according to electronic records in scores of statutes as altered by Information Technology Act, 2000. This is a computer-generated electronic record that’s why no physical or digital signature is needed.
Books Daddy Private Limited is the sole owner of this Platform, which is a company recognized under the Companies Act, 1956 and has its registered office at Ansari Road, Darya Ganj, New Delhi-10001, India with no branch offices opened till now.
Eligibility for Members:
Those, who can form contracts that are legally binding under the Indian Contract Act 1872, are entitled for carrying out the transactions on this platform. Those who are termed as “incompetent to contract” as per the Indian Contract Act 1872, including un-discharged insolvents, etc. are forbidden to use this platform. As for minors, i.e. those who are under 18 years of age, they are advised to use the platform under the supervision or with the permission of a parent or a legal guardian.
If you wish to carry out transactions on the platform and you are a minor then you should ask your legal guardian or parents to accomplish such transactions. Books Daddy has the right to cancel your membership and /or restrict your access to the platform if We (at Books Daddy) find or notice that your age is below 18 years and you are using this platform.
Obligations Regarding Your Account and Registration:
On this platform, for your identification, your mobile number and /or email address are our prime source. Now, this becomes your responsibility to ensure that your mobile number and email id are fully updated on this platform every time you visit. You also hereby agree to alert us instantly if your mobile number or email id gets changed, by updating it on our platform with the help of one-time password verification.
In case of any misuse or any consequences, you are informed that Books Daddy would not be responsible for the activities that would take place under your Account, including the scenarios such as where you have failed to update your revised mobile number and /or email address onto our web platform.
If others access your account on this platform and create separate profiles under your Account or by any other means, they shall be able to see and access Your Account Information. In this case, you shall be responsible for such activities that would be done under your account, and any of the outcomes come from this.
While using this platform when You send any emails or share any information during any communication with us, we believed that you agree and understand that you communicate with us through electronic records and your permission to get communications via electronic records from Us at times and as and when the need arises. We may have a communication only by email or any other method of this type, which can be electronic or otherwise.
Transaction and Communication Done On This Platform
Users make use of this platform to meet and communicate with others for their transactions. Books Daddy is not and can never be a party to or manage any transaction in any way between users of this platform.
All terms whether commercial or related to contract, as offered by and agreed to exist only between buyers and sellers alone. Such terms include price, shipping costs, payment methods, payment terms, date, period, and mode of delivery, warranties related to products and services, and post-sales services. Books Daddy would not control or does not advise or get involved in any offering or accepting of such terms related to commerce or contract between the Buyers and Sellers. All offers, discounts which also cover exchange offers are forwarded from the Seller or Publisher directly and not by Books Daddy.
- On this platform, when an Order is placed by any buyer with Seller, such as a purchase of product(s) in the order made by the buyer to the seller and it should not be considered as Seller’s accepting buyer’s offer to buy the products ordered. The seller has the right to cancel any such purchase order made from the buyer’s side, at its sole discretion and the Buyer would be informed about it through an email or SMS. If the buyer pays any transaction price for the order and if the seller cancels the order, the amount shall be refunded to the buyer.
Further, an order can be canceled by the seller if the quantity is found to exceed the consumption limit of an individual. This parameter is applicable to the product’s quantity placed in a single order or giving numerous orders against the same product and/or if the orders from an individual are for such quantity that appears to exceed an individual consumption. Now to determine the quantity for individual consumption, it is based upon a lot of factors and can also decide by the Seller and is varied from one buyer to the other.
- Books Daddy rules out any representation or warranty in case of specific aspects of the products or services, such as quality, value, salability, etc., which are sold, offered, and bought on the platform. At Books Daddy, we never endorse or promote any product(s) either implicitly or explicitly on the platform. Books Daddy would not be held accountable for any errors or omissions, on our behalf or on part of third parties.
- In case of any breach or non-performance of any contract or relationship between Buyer and Seller, Books Daddy is not responsible. We do not give any assurance for the performance of any transaction to be completed on our platform. We would not mediate or help in resolving any dispute or disagreement between Buyers and Sellers.
- Also, We at Books Daddy, do not stand and support for any warranty or representation to any dimensions, such as legal title, creditworthiness, identity, etc, in regard to any of our Users. We advise you to please verify and enquire about the User(s) and his or her bona fides independently, while you consider dealing with him on our platform and act by the judgment you make.
- During any transaction done between the Buyer and Seller on this platform, Books Daddy nowhere comes into or would take possession of any of the products or services offered by Seller and We (Books Daddy) would not express any rights or claims over the products or services offered by Seller to Buyer.
- We would not hold any right, title, or interest over the products at any point neither would we have any obligations or liabilities about such contract or agreement between Buyers and Sellers. Books Daddy is not responsible for any performance which is unsatisfactory or delayed and damages or delays as a result of products which are not in stock or are unavailable or back-ordered.
- Books Daddy is the only platform that can be used by Users to access a vast pool to buy and sell products or services. Books Daddy only offers this platform for communication and it is agreed that the sale contract for any products or services would be originally a bipartite one between Seller and the Buyer.
Neither Books Daddy would hold any right, title, or interest over any of the products nor Books Daddy have any obligations or liabilities in regard to any such contract between the buyers and the sellers.